I. Our Commitment to Privacy.
- What personal information we collect, and how we collect that information;
- How and when information is used;
- How we protection your information;
- Who has access to your information;
- How long we keep your information;
- Rights to your information;
- Effective date; and
II. What Information is Collected.
A. Information You Provide to Us: We collect any information you enter on our site, or that you give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but you may not be able to take advantage of our services, which are designed to help users and vessel owners connect for professional purposes.
- We collect information or data about you orthat can be used to identify you, such as your name, address(es), telephonenumber(s), e-mail address(es), vessel identifiers, national ID numbers or workpermits, DUNS numbers, geolocation data, photographs, references, professional licenses, or other information or data(“personal information”) when you voluntarily choose to disclose suchinformation to us, directly or indirectly. For example, you may disclose personalinformation to us when you submit information by mail, telephone, fax, orelectronically, when you sign up for newsletters or alerts from us.
- We do not direct any of our websites tochildren or individuals under eighteen (18) years of age. MS does not provide services or sell products to childrenunder the age of 18. Individualsunder eighteen (18) should consult with their parent or guardian about the useof this website.
B. Automatic Information: When you visit a website, you disclose certain information,such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address and the time of your visit. Thissite, like many other sites, records this basic information about visits to oursite.
C. “Cookies”: Cookies are pieces ofinformation that are transferred to your computer from a web server. Mostbrowsers are set up to accept cookies, but you can change your settings to haveyour browser notify you when you receive a new cookie or to refuse to acceptcookies. Please click hereto review MS’s Cookies Policy.
III. How and When the Information is Used.
A. Generally: the information we collect is used for administering our business activities. Occasionally we may use the information to notify you about changes to our website, new services, or special offers.
B. Marketing:We may process certain of your personal information for direct marketing based on your consent. You have the option to withdrawing your consent at any time.We also may process your location data, IP address, and content viewed on our websites pursuant to our Cookies Policy.
C. Contract performance: We may use or process personal information in connection with pre-contract activities and discussion with you,and to perform services for you.
D. Legal obligations: We will use or process personal information as necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject. This includes using or processing personal information for defense of claims against us and satisfying any government reporting obligations and requests.
E. Other legitimate interests: We will process your personal information for any of our other legitimate interests not described above.These include analyzing your use of our website, services, and setting preferences for electronic mailings, offering and managing programs, fulfilling obligations to our users and vessel owners, and improving our website and MS’s services.
IV. How We Protect Your Information.
A. The privacy and protection of your information is important to us. We do not make any personal information available to third parties without your permission. Subject to the provisions found in Section VII herein, Your access to some services and content is password protected. We advise that you do not disclose your password to anyone. In addition, we recommend you sign out of password-protected services at the end of your session.
B. MS uses security software to protect the confidentiality of your personal information. In addition, our business practices are reviewed periodically for compliance with policies and procedures governing the security and confidentiality of our information. Our business practices limit employee access to confidential information and the use and disclosure of the same to authorized persons.
V. Who Has Access to the Information.
A. Information about our users is important to us. We will not disclose any individually identifiable information to any third party without first receiving that user’s permission.
- We operate our website from the United States of America and store the information we collect through our websites in the United States of America. Accordingly, we will disclose information collected through our website, as well as other personal information, across offices and geographical boundaries, within and outside of MS, for the purposes described above.
- We may also disclose your personal information to service providers that perform services for MS on an as needed basis and who are obligated to secure the information, such as information technology suppliers, analytics providers, and security providers. These service providers may be located anywhere in the world and may, in some cases, be considered“Processors” as defined in Regulation 2016/679 of the European Parliament(“GDPR”).
- We may also disclose your personal information as required by a court order or any other legal or regulatory requirement, including in response to requests from public and government authorities outside your country of residence or to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, or that of you or others anywhere in the world.
- MS disclaims any responsibility for ensuring that any international recipients of your information are compliant with certain privacy regulations such as the Australian Privacy Principles or those issued by the European Economic Area. By using this website and providing personal information to MS, you consent to and agree to this disclaimer.
VI. How Long We Keep Your Information.
A. MS retains your personal information only as long as needed for any legitimate purpose described herein and otherwise in accordance with all applicable laws.
B. At the appropriate time, we will take reasonable steps to destroy your personal information or ensure that your personal information is de-identified.
C. You are welcome to request the destruction of your personal information by emailed firstname.lastname@example.org and stating “PLEASE DESTROY MY PERSONEL INFORMATION” in the subject line. Upon receipt of this email, an associate from MS will contact you to discuss the matter and arrange for the destruction or de-identification of your personal information.
VII. Rights to Your Information.
B. Subject to local law, you may have certain rights regarding personal information we have collected about you. Such rights might include the following:
A. To the extent that MS may be considered a “Controller” of data belonging to any MS user that is located in the European Economic Area, MS may utilize the services of a third-party Processor as defined under the GDPR. Further, MS may be required to transfer personal information to countries outside the EEA. Countries outside the EEA may not provide an adequate level of protection for your personal information. Accordingly, Users located in the EEA assume such risks by utilizing MS’s services on www.Marexservices.com. You may request that MS not transfer such information or utilize the services of a Processor. However, please note that such requests may result in ability to use MS services on www.marexservices.com. Please send any requests to MS to email@example.com.
A. By using our website, you consent to our collection and use of personal information as described herein.
XI. Effective Date.
XII. Tracking Policy.
A. For information on MS’s tracking activities, please see our Cookies Policy.
B. Third parties do not collect personally identifiable information about an individual user’s online activities on our website.